Good engineering practice of updating standards

The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time." Any guidance which can redress this lack of foresight is worth considering.

Inspectors can use a RAGAGEP document to assist in an inspection, but they must follow OSHA’s guidelines while doing so.

After the Chevron Richmond Refinery incident in 2012, a massive fire that sent hundreds of people rushing to hospitals and pushed West Coast gas prices higher, the U. Chemical Safety Board, the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and state agencies have increased their process safety management (PSM) recommendations and enforcement efforts. All facilities that fall under OSHA’s Refinery NEP, as well as state equivalents to the Refinery NEP (CPL 03-00-010), will be affected by the Federal OSHA issued memorandum defining “recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices” (RAGAGEP) for its inspectors, and detailing how RAGAGEP should be used in PSM enforcement. Keep reading to learn the definition of RAGAGEP, what documents meet OSHA’s criteria for RAGAGEP, and how inspectors will select and apply RAGAGEP during an inspection.

To help them define RAGAGEP, OSHA’s Refinery NEP references the Center for Chemical Process Safety’s (CCPS) Guidelines for Mechanical Integrity Systems definition: "'Recognized And Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices’ are the basis for engineering, operation, or maintenance activities and are themselves based on established codes, standards, published technical reports, or recommended practices or similar documents.

On May 11, 2016 OSHA issued a standard interpretation on the topic of RAGAGEP and its proper application per OSHA 1910.119.

For the case of ASME vessels and exchangers, it instructs the employer to identify and use the applicable consensus standards when preparing documentation to show compliance with the Process Safety Management (PSM) standard.

Leave a Reply

  1. Cam2cam sex broadcasting 10-Oct-2017 11:58

    Lock and Key Events Website (Northern NJ) Website (Southern NJ) They attract between 100 and 200 single professionals, aged 27-53, At different venues in Northern Central and Southern NJ. Lock and Key Events are a unique ice breaker approach to meeting singles.

  2. Free adult web cam sites 13-Aug-2017 14:58

    Prostitution in the Czech Republic is legal, but organized prostitution (brothels, prostitution rings, pimping, etc.) is prohibited.